Winterthur Cadet Paisley
In the early 20th century collector Henry Francis du Pont (1880-1969) created a grand country estate at Winterthur. He furnished his 175-room house with exquisite antiques representing the best craftsmanship and styles of early America. In 1951 he opened Winterthur to the public as a museum of American decorative arts. Winterthur Museum & Country Estate is home to a world renowned collection of more than 85,000 antiques, an equally notable research library, and a beautiful 60-acre naturalistic garden. This collection is a reproduction of a sample of fabric in the museum.